BAU+ Sensor (Bushing Adapter Unit)
The Bushing Adapter Unit (BAU+) sensor serves multiple purposes which eliminates the need to purchase a unique sensor for each application. It provides
- Bushing signals for bushing insulation characteristics
- Partial discharge in bushings and transformers
- Additional circuitry for noise filtering using Rogowski coils
The BAU+ sensor has a robust, environmentally hardened design rated to IP-67 specifications. These sensors are ideally suited for use in power transformers, isophase bus ducts, and HVCTs.
Easy Removal and Installation for Offline Testing
BAU+ Sensors are installed in the test tap of the bushing. If a test tap isn’t available, the voltage tap may be used. BAU+ Sensors are designed with three sections: body, adaptor and cable connector. The body of the sensor can be easily detached from the adapter by the removal of three screws. Once the body is disconnected, the test tap of the bushing can be accessed directly or the adapter can be removed from the bushing to provide additional room when needed. The adapter head and contact change to accommodate the design of the bushing tap, the body and cable connector stay the same.
Three Levels of Protection
- Open Circuit / Voltage Limiter – Six voltage limiters provide open circuit protection. A current balance circuit is used to distribute the stress equally between limiters. Dynamic Ratings offers the lowest open circuit protection in the industry.
- Surge Protection – Surge protection provides safety for equipment and personnel. Two surge protection circuits provide protection for switching and system transients.
- Fail Safe Circuit – A fail safe circuit automatically grounds the tap inside the body of the sensor should the open circuit and / or surge protection fail.
More About the BAU+ Sensor
- Each sensor provides signals for imbalance, bushing leakage current, capacitance, power-factor and partial discharge measurements.
- Three levels of protection: open circuit / voltage limiter, surge protection, and fail safe circuitry.
- Easy removal for offline testing.
- 50+ custom adapters to suit various test tap styles.
- Provides Rogowski coil amplifier and cable for aid in partial discharge noise filtering.
- 50 Ohm coax cables provide longer distances of accurate signal transmission.
If immediate response is required, please directly contact your local Dynamic Ratings location:
+61 3 9574 7722
+1 262 746 1230 x3
+44 1617 681111
For all other requests, please fill out the contact form below:
Request a Quote:
High Voltage Current Transformer Sensor
The BAU-HVCT is a sensor designed for use on high-voltage current transformers (HVCT) to monitor the power factor and the capacitance of a set of three HVCTs. It is a compact, accurate sensor commonly installed in series with the grounding wire in the CT junction box. It can provide partial discharge signals to Dynamic Ratings bushing and / or partial discharge monitors or analyzers. Download the brochure.