Network transformers are located in underground vaults in cities throughout the US. Catastrophic failure of a network transformer can cause serious harm to the public…but installing an expensive multi-gas monitoring system is difficult to justify given the relatively low cost of the transformer.
VaultSafe Transformer Monitor is a low cost solution that serves as an early warning sign of incipient faults developing in network transformers. It samples the headspace in each compartment of a network transformer using a single hydrogen sensor.
VaultSafe Features and Benefits
- Simple installation utilizing existing access point on the transformer.
- Monitor is magnetic-mountable for easy retrofit applications.
- Ethernet, serial and analog outputs are available.
- Hydrogen sensor is calibrated to be representative of dissolved gas in oil readings.
- Optional magnetic-mount RTD is available for temperature monitoring.
- Four form C relays with NO, NC and COM terminals are available.
- Provides continuous monitoring of the transformers main tank, switch compartment and cable compartment
using only one sensor.
- Monitors hydrogen gas and pressure in all transformer compartments which provides early detection of
problems and greatly reduces the potential for failure
- Monitor is maintenance free and self-calibrating.
- Mitigates excessive pressure and vacuum conditions by equalizing pressure between all compartments
using the unique design of the headspace adapters and manifold system.
- Pressure is monitored across all three compartments preventing moisture or atmosphere ingress.
- Monitor is completely submersible.