- Start Date 06/21/2023
- Start Time 11:00 AM
- End Date 06/21/2023
- End Time 12:15 PM
- Time Zone America/Chicago
June 21, 2023 11:00AM – 12:15PM CDT
Geomagnetic disturbance (GMD) events can disrupt power operations and can lead to serious issues for power transformers. This webinar was pre-recorded in December of 2020, but today in 2023 we have been experiencing significant GMD events so we are rerunning this presentation.
Join us for this webinar to learn about Geomagnetic Induced Current Monitoring (GIC Monitoring). In this webinar, expect to learn:
- What is GIC and why should we be monitoring it?
- What are the effects of GIC on the transformer and the utility grid?
- What monitoring options are available for GIC?
- How do we install, test and calibrate a GIC monitor?
PDH Certificates are available upon completion of the webinar if requested. Presenter is Mark Tostrud.
If you do not see the form, try disabling your ad blocker.